Since their opening in 2008, it became one of the few eco- friendly hotels of the country, giving total priority to the care of the environment.
All the materials used in the building where certificated and eco- friendly:
- The building is wrapped with plants that act as filters and contribute to the thermal balance, saving energy efficiently.
- Double glazed windows that allow the most hermetic environment.
- System of energy consumption control
- All the wood used in the construction is pine Carolina certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council).
- Wallpaper made out of synthetic fiber fabric, contributing to a minor consumption of deforestation trees.
Some of the environmental actions taken by CasaCalma :
- Support to the “Friends of sustainable mobility” Program. We invite our guests to use bamboo bicycles to visit the city.
- Electricity activation cards, resulting in considerable energy savings
- Towel Re- use Program. We invite our guests to choose if they want to use their towels again, avoiding unnecessary daily wash.
- Bulk dispensers for amenities, cutting down on the packaging.
- Donation of used slippers in order to be re- used.
- Waste sorting and delivery of recyclables to local cooperative.
- Used cooking oil is given to Local Authorities to be re- used for fuel production.
- Non smoking policy in rooms and public areas.
- Maintenance for Conservation: avoiding the waste of natural resources as consequence of inappropriate use of toilets, taps or electric appliances.